Copy the web address below into a new browser and click download application. Deadline is February 15th, but the sooner you get it started on it the better.
To be considered for a World Class scholarship,
an eligible student must:
1. Complete and include the application.
2. Compose and include the requested essay.
3. Include a copy of his or her high school transcript.
4. Include references of two educators from his or her school.
5. Mail all application materials postmarked on or before
February 15, 2012.
The selection of scholarship recipients is based on:
Academic Achievement: demonstrated by high school
grade point average information (GPA) and class ranking.
Leadership: based on self-reliance, initiative and creative ability
in school and out, as reflected in the applicant’s personal essay.
Additional determining factors include:
• Participation in school activities.
• Honors received.
• References of two educators from your school.
• Participation in community activities.
For guidelines and to apply go to: Due October 31st
Coca−Cola Scholars Program
WHEN TO APPLY:
The application is currently open.
Initial Applications are accepted through Oct 31 of the senior year in high school.
1. Seniors in high schools throughout the United States who meet the eligibility requirements may apply each year for one of 250 four-year, achievement-based scholarships.
2. Approximately 2,200 applicants will be selected as Semifinalists and notified by mail and email around December 1. Semifinalists must then complete a secondary application, including essays, official transcripts, and two letters of recommendation. Semifinalist applications are due by mid-January. Our Program Review Committee will select 250 Finalists to advance to the final interview phase. Notifications are sent mid-February.
3. In April, the 250 Finalists are invited to Atlanta for personal interviews. The Finalists are interviewed by a National Selection Committee representing outstanding leaders in business, government, education and the arts. 50 students are then designated as National Scholars and receive awards of $20,000 for college; 200 students are designated as Regional Scholars and receive awards of $10,000 for college.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- CURRENT high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools);
- U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees;
- anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application;
- planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution;
- carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
APPLICANTS MAY NOT:
- be children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca−Cola bottling companies, The Coca−Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries.
AES Engineers Scholarship Deadline Approaching AES Engineers scholarship deadline is less than a month away. We will be awarding $500 to the winner(s) each year. Scholarship Deadline – October 7, 2011 Application Process Students will submit an essay on one of the two topics that appear on the scholarship page of our web site http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm Full details are available on our site. Please encourage your students to apply. We wish them all good luck!
All seniors will have presented this scholarship by the end of this week during a classroom guidance session and have the support of their English teachers in completing it.
Please plan to attend the College Planning workshop at Burlingame High School Tuesday, September 13 from 7-8:30 p.m.
Topics that will be covered, how to pick a school, apply, and scholarship information.
Students and Parents/Guardians encouraged to attend!
Questions: Please contact Mrs. Smith 785-654-3315
Hope to see you there!