The 2012 Most Valuable Student application is due December 2, 2011.
Seniors got this application in their senior mailbox, but it can also be found online.
Go to the web address below and click download application
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2012 competition.
- Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- College students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
Applications must advance through local, district and state competitions to reach national judging. The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation will notify the 500 national finalists by email in late February 2012.