The Youth Education Scholarship or, YES for Liberty, will be awarded based on a completed application, action page and participation in a YES for Liberty Constitution Bee where finalists, in an open forum, will be asked to answer questions about the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the United States of America. Legal permanent resident status does NOT qualify. Applicant MUST be a citizen on the date application is signed.
- Applicant MUST be a Kansas resident.
- Students in grades 9-12 currently attending public, private, military or home school.
- Students in grades 9-12 planning to attend either a public, private university or college; vocational-technical school or college; or a trade or proprietary school located within the United States of America.
- Go to the web site, www.flinthillsteaparty.com and locate the Education Fund Link.
- Complete the YES for Liberty Constitution Bee Application including all personal information and signatures as indicated.
- Provide any appropriate listings on the YES for Liberty Constitution Bee Action Page.
- Submit completed application to:
Flint Hills TEA Party Educational Fund, Inc.
ATTENTION: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
1228 Westloop Place, PMB# 326
Manhattan, Kansas 66502-2840
- Earliest date to apply is Constitution Day, September 17, 2011.
- In order to receive consideration as a Youth Education Scholarship Constitution Bee finalist, the official application must be completed and submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. December 31st, 2011. Applications will be accepted by U.S. Mail. Applications may also be hand delivered. To make arrangements for hand delivery, contact the Educational Fund by phone to insure acceptance prior to due date and time.
- Since all finalists will be selected by a wholly independent committee, submitted applications will remain sealed until such time the committee begins the process of application review and subsequent selection of finalists. Therefore to avoid disqualification and to insure that the application is sufficiently reviewed, include only the following two items in the envelope submitted: “YES for Liberty Constitution Bee Application” and YES for Liberty Constitution Bee Action Page.”
- Scholarships may only be used at an accredited degree or certificate post-secondary education program
- Scholarships awarded will be released directly to the student’s selected accredited institution’s Financial Aid Office after both proof of enrollment and the corresponding student identification number have been received by the Educational Fund, Inc. for verification.
- Should the student make the decision not to attend an accredited degree or certificate post-secondary education program, all funds will be returned to the Educational Fund, Inc.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on full-time enrollment however part-time enrollment may be considered.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on performance and placement in the YES for Liberty Constitution Bee without regard to state of physical handicap.
- Each participating finalist will receive the distinction of being honored and designated as a, “Constitution Scholar.”
- The overall winner will receive a minimum scholarship amount of $3,500.
- It is anticipated that the final fund amount will insure that all finalists who participate in the YES for Liberty Constitution Bee will be awarded a scholarship. And, that the actual scholarship amount will vary depending on the number of participants and placing within the Bee event.
Finalist Evaluation and Selection
- The evaluation and selection process will be administered and conducted by an outside independent committee not associated with the Flint Hills TEA Party Educational Fund, Inc. Board.
- All decisions of the independent committee and its evaluation and selection process will be final.
- Finalists will be notified by letter and a follow-up phone call.
Names of finalists will also be posted on the Flint Hills TEA Party website as well as published in the appropriate print and broadcast media