Unique Scholarship Opportunity for High School Seniors
Nacel Open Door is pleased to announce the scholarship competition for the Congress-Bundestag Vocational Youth Exchange Program. This unique program, funded by the United States Congress and the German Bundestag, allows graduating high school seniors to spend a year in Germany living with a host family, participating in a training or school program, and most importantly, getting hands-on work experience through an internship with a German company. Participants have been placed in fields as diverse as the arts, architecture, auto mechanics, carpentry, child care, computers, culinary arts, early education, health care, hotel management, international affairs, journalism, and veterinary science, to name a few.
To be eligible to apply, students must be U.S. citizens and meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate from high school in January or June
- Be between eighteen and nineteen years of age (some flexibility available)
- Have a “B” (3.0) academic and/or vocational grade point average
- Be highly recommended by their school
- Demonstrate leadership ability and willingness to serve as a young ambassador of the USA