Walter S. and Evan C. Jones Foundation
2501 W. 18th Ave., Suite D
Emporia, KS 66801
(P) 620-342-1714 (F) 620-342-4701
Application Deadline: Fall Enrollment – July 16, 2012
To be considered, a student must be a US Citizen and current resident of Coffey, Lyon, or Osage County. A current resident is defined as someone who has resided continuously in one of the three counties for a minimum of one year immediately prior to attending a post-secondary institution. A student who moves to one of the three counties and attends a post-secondary institution prior to establishing residency is not eligible to apply.
Before applying, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), apply and be accepted to an accredited post-secondary institution and plan to be or enrolled as degree seeking in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Jones Fund Cover Click to print guidelines
Click below to view and print application, Applications are also available in Senior Mailboxes
In addition to our application, these documents are required:
- Parents’ Previous Year’s Federal Tax Return (if dependent) – If you file IRS 1040 or 1040A, pages 1-2 are required. If there is an amount listed on Line 17, include Schedule E. If you file IRS 1040EZ, page 1 is required.
- Previous Year’s Federal Tax Return (if independent) – If you file IRS 1040 or 1040A, pages 1-2 are required. If there is an amount listed on Line 17, include Schedule E. If you file IRS 1040EZ, page 1 is required.
- Final Student Aid Report (SAR) – We require this report be printed in .html format only. This is NOT a copy of your FASFA application.
- Financial Aid Award Letter – Please submit your most current copy.
- High School Transcript – Please submit if you are a high school senior or first-time applicant who has not attended a post-secondary institution after high school.
- Official Transcript (submitted in sealed envelope from the institution) – If you are a first time applicant and have attended a post-secondary institution prior to this application.
The student is responsible for providing all required documentation. You will be contacted only once for outstanding documents. Should you not respond, your application will be voided.
All completed applications are reviewed by the Board of Trustees. The Jones Foundation will notify applicants of the Board’s decision. The Jones Foundation requests that you do not phone the office for the Board’s decision.