What: Meeting about what to expect the Senior year and what needs to be done.
Who: for Seniors and Parents/Guardians
When : Wednesday, September 5th 6:30-7:00 p.m.(students will be out in time to make it to play tryouts)
Where: Burlingame Commons Area
Why: So that you can feel prepared and the next step after High School.
Deadline: October 25th, 2012
Horatio Alger Kansas Scholarship
5 $5,000 Scholarships Awarded
Funded through the generosity of the Walter and Suzanne Scott Foundation
The Horatio Alger Kansas Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students in the State of Kansas who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity and who aspire to pursue higher education.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Kansas Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Kansas, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution);
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided);
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement (minimum grade point average of 2.0);
- be a resident of Kansas; and
- be a citizen of the United States
Quick reminder, today is the last day to register for the September 8th ACT test date for the base $35.00, after the date a late registration fee will be assessed.
The September 8th ACT test will be given here at Burlingame.
Also, the December 8th and April 13th ACT test Date will be given in Burlingame.
Go to http://www.actstudent.org to register.
||(Late Fee Required)
|*September 8, 2012
||August 17, 2012
||August 18 – 24, 2012
|October 27, 2012
||September 21, 2012
||September 22 – October 5, 2012
|*December 8, 2012
||November 2, 2012
||November 3 – 16, 2012
|February 9, 2013
||January 11, 2013
||January 12 – 18, 2013
|*April 13, 2013
||March 8, 2013
||March 9 – 22, 2013
|June 8, 2013
||May 3, 2013
||May 4 – 17, 2013
Students can register online at http://www.actstudent.org
The test dates listed in bold are when the test will be given at Burlingame. The fee for the test is $35, test plus writing test is $50.00 and is to be paid on line, if a student meets special circumstance requirements a fee waiver can be filed. Student can see me for help with this.
Who: Juniors and Seniors
What: ACT Test
When: Registration Deadline August 17th, 2012
Test Date: Saturday, September 8th, 2012
Where: Test is being offered here at Burlingame School
Register online at http://www.actstudent.org
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Mrs. Smith, Counselor