Applicants must mail to HSF a complete Scholarship Application Package by November 15, 2012.
To apply, go to: http://haganscholarships.org/index.php
Description of Scholarship
Each Hagan Scholarship will help pay the unmet financial need of the recipient, up to $5,000 per semester.
- The dollar amount of each scholarship will be determined by HSF by totaling the recipient’s cost for Tuition and Fees, Room and Board, Books and Supplies; then, deducting the dollar amount of the recipient’s FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the dollar amount of ALL grants, scholarships, awards and waivers obtained by or awarded to the recipient.
- Personal and transportation costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Parents must pay their FAFSA EFC, if any, at the start of each semester in order to be eligible for funding of a Hagan Scholarship.
- The scholarship award amount can be increased to offset expiration of other scholarships, grants and awards received by recipient.
- Each scholarship is renewable for up to seven (7) additional semesters if the recipient fulfills the renewal criteria and attends the mandatory workshops, regardless of recipient’s unmet financial need.
- Recipients who successfully renew their scholarship will be eligible to apply for an International Study Grant.
- Recipients must attend a mandatory free summer workshop prior to the start of each academic year of college.
- Recipients must work a minimum of 240 hours prior to the start of each academic year of college and provide proof of employment to HSF.
Recipients of a scholarship will be selected on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, regardless of applicant’s race, creed, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability or sex.
For more information read Q&A or contact the school counselor or a teacher or the principal of your high school.