For More Information go to: http://www.ottawa.edu/topscholars
Top Scholars Competition
Ottawa University announces its prestigious Top Scholars Competition. A select group of students will be invited to compete for the awarding of the Presidential (full-tuition) and Provost (three-quarter tuition) Scholarships.
To be considered to compete in this elite competition, high school seniors must have:
- a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0),
- a minimum ACT composite score of 25 and
- been accepted to Ottawa University (residential campus only).
The competition begins with the submission of a portfolios which shall include:
- official high school transcript that details graded coursework through the end of your junior year, including in-progress coursework for your senior year;
- single-page outline of extra-curricular activities that includes years and level(s) of involvement;
- list of honors, awards and recognitions received;
- one (1) letter of recommendation from a school official, teacher, activity director, etc. that addresses your excellence in academics, intellectual and creative work, involvement in your high school community, and civic involvement; and
- maximum of three (3) different graded samples of creative work that efficiently displays intellectual range and depth (i.e. a live recorded fine arts performance, graded artistic expression, graded writing sample, graded exam, etc.).
Based upon an evaluation of the portfolios, selected students will advance to the final round of competition which will be conducted on the campus on Saturday, December 1, 2012.