For more information: http://www.collegegoal.org/
Need money for college?
Sunday, February 24, 2013
If you’re here, you’ve probably been considering a college education. And if you’re like most people, you’ve probably been wondering how you are going to pay for it. We can help!
The first step in the college financial aid process is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Need help completing the FAFSA? On one afternoon each year, College Goal Sunday stages help sessions at different sites across the state of Kansas. Locations listed below, Emporia and Topeka are the closest for us. Come and go as you please between 2 and 4 p.m. to meet with financial aid professionals and get hands-on help with the FAFSA.
BRING the things you’ll need
In order to complete the FAFSA at the College Goal Sunday Program, you and your parents will need the following:
- Social Security number (can be found on Social Security card)
- Driver’s license (if any)
- 2012 income tax return (if completed)
- 2012 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
- 2012 untaxed income records – Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
- Your latest bank statement
- 2012 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
This program is free. It’s a service supported by the Lumina Foundation and coordinated by the Kansas Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (KASFAA). The annual event is sponsored by USA Funds and Lumina Foundation for Education.
Emporia High School
3302 W. 18th Avenue
Henderson Learning Resources Center, Room 100
1850 SW Jewell Avenue