To apply, please go to: http://kllscholarshipfund.org/
Qualifications: To qualify, the recipient needs to meet the following criteria:
- Lost the life of at least one parent (biological or non) to cancer before the age of 22.
- Be a US citizen.
- Attend a 2- or 4-year (minimum) higher education establishment.
- Have an interest in education, arts, environment, math, or science.
- Show service involvement in the community, church, school, or other non-curricular activity.
- Indicate financial need.
- Submit the completed application, including personal essay and reference.
Dispersion: The scholarship will be a $1,500 gift, renewable for up to a total of four years ($6,000 total maximum), and awarded annually. For renewal, the receiver will be responsible to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale.
A letter from the educational institution will be required to be submitted to ensure this requirement is met. After confirmation from the previous year, funds for the following year will be released. Funds would be paid to the college or university directly.
To apply, please go to: http://www.horatioalger.org/scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Kansas Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Kansas, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution);
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided);
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement (minimum grade point average of 2.0);
- be a resident of Kansas; and
- be a citizen of the United States
The process can be completed online. The application deadline is October 25th.
To apply, please go to: http://mediacomworldclass.com/
Scholarship Application Checklist
Before you send in your application materials, please make sure you have included the following:
* Completed application with your signature and the signature of your school guidance counselor.
* A copy of your high school transcript.
* Your essay of about 500 words, typed and double spaced.
* The references of two educators from your school, using pages 9 and 10 of this application.
* Mail all application materials postmarked on or before February 15, 2014
Emporia High School will be hosting a CPC on Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 6:30 to 7:30 PM. We would like to invite you, your juniors and seniors, and their parents.
The CPC will be held in the front lobby of Emporia High School. We will have over 60 representatives from technical colleges, community colleges, universities, and US Military recruiters.
To apply go to:
To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs, the following items must be completed by October 25, 2013:
- Online application.
- Support Form. Online form completed to support the adversities listed by the applicant.
- High School transcript. Uploaded or mailed.
- Online Certifications Form. Must be completed online by the applicant’s high school counselor.
- Income Verification. Applicants must provide a copy of the first two pages of their parent/guardian’s 2012 individual federal tax return (1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ or 1099 SSA-Social Security Tax Form) or tax transcript. (View sample tax return)
– See more at: https://www.horatioalger.org/scholarships/apply.cfm#sthash.FazajQvJ.dpuf
To apply go to:
SHOULD YOU OR YOUR STUDENTS APPLY?
Absolutely! If you are a high school senior—or if you teach or coach one—who’s dedicated to learning, performing, and leading—we’d love to hear from you.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman Program is looking for all types of high-achieving seniors from more than 29,000 public and private high schools within the U.S. We consider young men and women who participate in a wide range of sports and school and community activities. If you’re one of the 1.4 million high school athletes across the country that excels in the classroom, on the field, and within your school and community, apply now. Or if you’re a teacher, coach, counselor, or administrator, learn how to refer a student. And don’t forget to check out the program timeline for important application deadlines and dates.
KNOW WHAT IT TAKES: STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To achieve award eligibility for the 2013 Wendy’s High School Heisman Program, students must be seniors during the 2013/2014 academic years, graduating with the class of 2014. Applicants must:
Have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of a B (3.0) or better.
Participate in at least one of 27 eligible school-sponsored sports:
- Competitive Spirit/Cheerleading
- Competitive Weight Lifting
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
- Water Polo
Be a leader in school and in the community and serve as a role model for underclassman.
Senior Parent Meeting will be Monday, September 9th at 6:30 p.m. in the commons area. We will be reviewing, scholarship opportunities, talking about the FAFSA, financial aid night, procedures for requesting transcripts, college visits, etc. I look forward to seeing you there!