To apply, please go to: http://kllscholarshipfund.org/
Qualifications: To qualify, the recipient needs to meet the following criteria:
- Lost the life of at least one parent (biological or non) to cancer before the age of 22.
- Be a US citizen.
- Attend a 2- or 4-year (minimum) higher education establishment.
- Have an interest in education, arts, environment, math, or science.
- Show service involvement in the community, church, school, or other non-curricular activity.
- Indicate financial need.
- Submit the completed application, including personal essay and reference.
Dispersion: The scholarship will be a $1,500 gift, renewable for up to a total of four years ($6,000 total maximum), and awarded annually. For renewal, the receiver will be responsible to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale.
A letter from the educational institution will be required to be submitted to ensure this requirement is met. After confirmation from the previous year, funds for the following year will be released. Funds would be paid to the college or university directly.