To apply please go to: http://salarmymokan.org/scholarship/
Ring the Bell. Answer the call. Win a $1,000 scholarship!
Sign up to ring bells at one of our Red Kettles located at an area Hy-Vee, and you could win a $1,000 scholarship from The Salvation Army!
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior or current college student, up to 23 years of age.
- Volunteer to ring bells at an area Hy-Vee for at least two hours.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Write a 250-500 word essay on what volunteering means to you and to our community.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or faculty member.
The Salvation Army will award eight separate $1,000 scholarships to the winners!
To participate in the 1st Annual Kettle Call, please follow these steps:
1. Sign up for a TWO hour Bell ringing Shift at your local Hy-Vee (Must select a Hy-Vee locations to meet requirements)
To apply please go to: http://www.frs.org/images/documents/frs_schship_app_2014_fill.pdf
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) offers an annual college scholarship program to help further higher education among rural youth. FRS awards a one-time $2,500 scholarships to students from rural America for their first year of college, university or vocational-technical school. Each student is sponsored by an NTCA member company. FRS funds $2,000 of each scholarship, and the sponsoring company awards the remaining $500.The FRS College Scholarship Program seeks to encourage students to return to their rural communities upon completing their education.
Sponsoring a student for the annual FRS College Scholarship Program is a one-time investment that will last a lifetime. The program empowers rural youth by giving them opportunities for higher education. Our hope is that these students return to rural America to enhance and enrich their rural community with education and experience.
The application for the FRS College Scholarship Program is available each October for the following year’s program. Applications must be postmarked to FRS by March 3rd of each year and winners will be announced by May 1st of that year.
Scholarships for Incoming Students
Each year the Leadership Institute awards Leadership Scholarships to students based on:
- A record of academic achievement
- Evidence of leadership initiative at school and in the community
- Demonstrated social and communication skills
Total scholarship value ranges in amounts from $2,000 to $8,000.
1. Submit the following documents with a postmark on or before January 6, 2014 to:
- Washburn University
Office of Admissions
Morgan 1141700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621
- Washburn Application for Admission and Scholarships
- Official high school and/or college transcripts sent directly from your school
- ACT or SAT test scores sent directly from your school
2. Submit the following documents with a postmark on or before January 6, 2014 to:
- Washburn University
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621
- Leadership Scholarship Application
- Typed leadership essay
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be from someone who has directly observed your leadership abilities and skills)
3. Finalists will be notified no later than January 27, 2014.
4. Participation in Interview Day on February 14, 2014 is required for all selected finalists.
5. Scholarship recipients will be announced no later than March 3, 2014.
Accepting a leadership scholarship commits a student to participate in Washburn’s Leadership Institute, and is more than just an award-based scholarship. Annual renewal of a leadership scholarship is contingent upon maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, making appropriate annual progress toward the Leadership Minor or Leadership Studies Certificate, and meeting performance and program participation criteria as determined by the Institute Director. Eligibility requirements and scholarship responsibilities should be understood before applying for an award. These requirements and responsibilities are assessed and revised annually as appropriate. Please review the Leadership Scholarship Acceptance Form.