To apply please go to: https://www.scholarsapply.org/statefarmgoodneighborscholarship/
The State Farm Companies Foundation believes all children deserve an education that helps them reach their potential and prepares them for life.
Our support goes to programs that provide students the instruction, resources, and support they need to succeed. The State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program was established to provide financial assistance to high school seniors who plan to attend college, technical, or vocational school, but may not be able to meet the expenses of a higher education without such aid and often do not qualify for other scholarships.
The program is administered by Scholarship America.
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the State Farm Good Neighbor Scholarship Program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior who will graduate at the end of the 2016-17 school year*
*Children of employees, agents, and retirees of the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (the “Company”) and children of employees of the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates who are otherwise eligible may apply for scholarships, but they will not receive any preferences. Disqualified persons of the Foundation (within the meaning of Section 4946(a)(1) of the Code) will not be eligible for scholarships.
- Plan to enroll in full time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2017-2018 academic year
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 to 3.20 on a 4.00 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Demonstrate financial need
What will be awarded?
- Up to fifty (50) selected recipients will receive a $2,500 award.
- Awards may be renewed up to one additional year based on maintaining satisfactory academic performance and full-time enrollment.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.