To apply go to: http://kllscholarshipfund.org/?page_id=32.
To qualify, you must have lost a parent before the age of 22 to cancer.
The KLL Memorial Scholarship Foundation was established in loving memory of Kelly Lynn Lutz who lost a 9 year battle to breast cancer in May 2008. Kelly was a teacher so education was very important to her. Kelly’s family and friends generously contributed enough money to create a permanent endowment that will provide qualified recipients with a $2,000 annual scholarship at the secondary school of their choice, renewable for up to 4 years.
What makes this scholarship unique is that it is geared toward students who have lost a parent to cancer. The financial and emotional toll that cancer inflicts on these families can never be fully resolved but hopefully a scholarship such as this will give deserving students the opportunity and hope to keep chasing their dreams of a college degree. To date the KLL Memorial Foundation has awarded $130,000 in scholarships to 32 students.
The board of directors of the KLL Memorial Scholarship Foundation respectfully asks for your help by sharing the attached information with any students that you feel may qualify and any other guidance counselors in Kansas, Missouri or the Kansas City metro area to help spread the word.
The application deadline for this year is January 10, 2018. The recipient will be chosen in early March 2018. For a copy of the application or if you have any questions please visit our website http://kllscholarshipfund.org/?page_id=32. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please encourage your students to review the qualifications and the essay questions. Multiple references are encouraged.
Applications are ready for you in Senior mailboxes.
2 Scholarships will be awarded!
Deadline: April 14, 2017 to Mrs. Smith
(Helpful hint, there is no school on the 14th, hand it in early).
Applications available with Mrs. Smith
Eligibility: Current Juniors can apply for this to go towards their ACC classes their Senior year.
Applicants must complete and Essay related to the Lion’s Club Motto “We Serve.”
Deadline is 4/142017 Turn applications in to Mrs. Smith
(Helpful hint, the 14th we have no school, turn them in early.)
Kenneth Christensen and Russell Hymas, the lawyers here are proud to offer a generous $1,000.00 scholarship for any individuals who qualify.
The deadline for application submissions is August 1, 2017. Qualifying students can apply here:
To qualify for this scholarship:
- You must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a University or College in the United States
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of the current or most recent secondary education program you have attended
- You are required to submit a transcript verifying your GPA
The Fisher & Talwar $1,000 Legal Inspiration Scholarship is now available to students currently pursuing or plan on pursuing a college degree.
The deadline for application submissions is November 15, 2017. Qualifying students can apply here:
To qualify for this scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a full-time student who is currently attending (or planning to attend full-time) an accredited institution of higher education.
- Must provide proof of current enrollment or plans to enroll in an accredited institution of higher education. If you have not received acceptance, you may still apply, but be sure to provide proof of acceptance and enrollment for the scholarship to be released.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
Reminder: These are due Monday the 10th. If you have not picked up your application, it is in your Senior mailbox.