Hello! I will continue to post scholarship and information for Seniors on this Blog. Please let me know if you have any questions! ~ Shana Smith, School Counselor
Scholarship Opportunity for Senior Girls. Application available in your senior mailbox.
Due to School Counselor no later than March 16th, 2017
To apply go to: https://spirit.prudential.com/awards/how-to-apply%20
Deadline to apply: Nov. 8th
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards:
- Complete the application and the student/parent agreement. Deadline: November 8, 2016.
- Go to the “Certification” page to email or print out instructions for your certifier. You must deliver these instructions to your certifier by November 8, 2016. Your certifier can be your school principal or the head of a county 4-H organization, Girl Scout council, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA or Hands On Network affiliate.
- Your certifier has until November 18, 2016, to review applications online and select Local Honoree(s) from the applicants in your school or organization, and nominate them for state-level judging.
BURLINGAME RECREATION COMMISSION SCHOLARSHIP
MUST BE A BURLINGAME HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR GRADUATING THE 2015/2016 SCHOOL YEAR.
ALL ELIGIBLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE YEAR END AWARD ASSEMBLY
APPLICATIONS WILL BE JUDGED BY OUTSIDE SOURCE
SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TOP 2 SENIORS FOR FURTHERING EDUCATION
AMOUNT: $250 EACH
Application are available in Senior Mailboxes, and due to Mrs. Smith, April 20th
Scholarship application is available in Senior Mailboxes, due this Friday. Turn in to Mrs. Smith, she will mail all completed applications.
Current Juniors – The group previously known as the Burlingame Lions Club are offering a scholarship for next year’s Seniors who will be attending Allen Community College in the Fall of 2016. Applications are available from Mrs. Smith and are due Monday March 4th. (This information has been announced to Junior History classes last week)
Current Seniors – The group previously known as the Burlingame Rotary Club has 2 scholarship options available to this year’s Seniors, who are planning on attending a) Allen Community College Fall of 2016 or b) any college Fall of 2016. Applications are available from Mrs. Smith and are due Monday March 4th. (This information has been announced to Senior History classes last week).
Applications available in Senior mailboxes
Goal: To further the Burlingame Chamber of Commerce’s mission of supporting economic growth and community enrichment, the chamber is proud to offer one $500 scholarship to a 2016 graduating senior of Burlingame High School, Burlingame, KS.
Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2016. The winning applicant will be chosen by the chamber scholarship committee and announced at the BHS Awards Assembly on Tuesday, April 26, 2016.
•Any Burlingame, KS High School Senior, graduating in May of 2016.
• Must attend a college/ university / vocational program / higher education program in Kansas in 2016. Application Process
• Applicants must submit their application along with their essay by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2016.
• The essay must be a minimum of 300 words on the topic: How would you promote Burlingame? The student with the best essay will be awarded the scholarship.
The essay will be scored as follows: • 300 words or more • Wrote about topic provided • Neatness & grammar • Best idea Please read all instructions carefully before submitting your application for consideration.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Send all applications to: Burlingame Chamber of Commerce, PO BOX 141, Burlingame, KS 66413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Scholarship application.